YES BUT Anal Lubricant
Designer: Yes Organics
Yes BUT, is a new addition to the Yes personal Lubricant line.
Yes BUT has been specifically designed for anal use. It's thicker, offers longer lasting slip, with as little harmful ingredients common with other anal lubricants, and has the ph7.5 level suited for anal and rectal cavity. That's why YES BUT is not suited for the vagina, as it required more acidic formulation, like Yes WB. The tissues of the rectal area are very delicate and need some nurturing.
YES BUT contains no Glycerine, no Propylene glycol, no aspartame, no parabens, no unpronounceable preservatives (like Diazolidinyl urea or Triethanoloamine or Imidazolidinyl urea) or Polyquaternium. For a full ingredients list look at the 'ingredients'' tab. However, some ingredients include aloe vera, guar gum, locust bean gum, and honeysuckle extract, and is 95% organic.
Having a lubricant which has been made specifically for this area is a delight! Anal play should never be uncomfortable for either person, so while using lubricant is a must, the value of using an anal lube designed to support these more vulnerable tissues is invaluable.
Experiencing safe and friction free pleasure are the main aims with YES BUT, but it’s not only about the lubricity. For more information regarding this, please refer to our 'more information' tab.
Yes BUT is suit for anal play only, and is condom and silicone friendly.
- 95% organic
- Condom compatible
- Thick and naturally long-lasting
- Safe for use with sex toys including silicone
- Sublime, velvety texture for smooth glide
- Odourless, no taste, no stickiness
- Unlike silicone no need to wash off afterwards
- pH matched for anal use
- Designed to match tissue osmolality
- Guaranteed pure and natural by its certified organic status
- Designed to be side effect free and deliver outstanding lubrication
- Innovative formulation with natural and organic ingredients
- Made in the UK
Experiencing safe and friction free pleasure are our main aims with YES BUT, but it’s not only about the lubricity. Vaginal lubricants are designed to be acidic. That’s not ok for anal play, and strong chemicals like glycerine and polypropylene glycol are known to damage the lining of the rectum, see study links below.
*We mentioned osmolality. Anal play gets some of our more vulnerable tissues exposed to lubricants, and chemical ingredients that damage these tissues can make STD transmission and HIV in particular, more likely. YES BUT has been designed to match these vulnerable tissues in two ways. Firstly the pH is balanced to match rectal pH (neutral) not vaginal pH (fairly acidic) and secondly the strength of the ingredients used in YES BUT matches these tissues. This ingredients’ strength is called Osmolality.
YES BUT is an anal lubricant – designed for anal use. The specific parameters that make a lubricant suitable for anal use are as follows:
- pH matched to typical rectal pH (pH7.0-8.0). The rectum has minimal pH buffering ability (there is little free fluid available to dilute or change the lubricant pH, unlike the vagina) and the rectal microflora is predominantly anaerobic gram negative and gram-positive bacteria, which is very different to vaginal microflora.
- Iso osmotic to rectal tissues which are typically 270-290 mOsm/kg (same as plasma & vaginal tissues). The Iso-osmotic nature is more important for anal lubricants as the rectal tissues are more likely to be damaged by a hyper-osmotic lubricant. Rectal epithelium is much thinner and more fragile than vaginal tissue, and provides a greater surface area for infection, plus one of the functions of these rectal tissues is to absorb excess fluids from the rectum. Damage to vaginal or rectal tissues is a major risk factor in STD transmission, and in particular HIV, so using an Iso-osmotic rectal lubricant minimises the risk of tissue damage and therefor HIV transmission.
YES BUT is Iso-osmotic to rectal tissues and matches rectal pH at pH7.5